This past seven days have been a little mixed:
- I updated documentation on my simple object store.
- I created a simplified alerting system.
- Heavily inspired by something we use at work.
- My version is much much simpler, but still useful enough to alert me of outages (via hearbeats) and unread email. (Both of which are sent via pushover notifications.)
- I bought a pair of cheap USB "game controllers"
- And have spend several hours playing SNES games such as Bomberman 2, and Super Mario Brothers 3.
- I'm using mednafan, as it supports cheats, fullscreen, sound, and is pretty easy to drive.
Finally I spent the tail end of the weekend being a little red, sore, and itchy. . I figured this was a surprising outbreak of Dyshidrosis on my hands, and eczema on my body. Instead I received a diagnosis of Scarlet Fever. So now I feel somewhat Dickensian!
Apparently this infection is on the rise!