Been a week since I posted. I've not done much, though I did complete most of the migration of my planet-searching code to gluck.debian.org.
This is now logging to a local SQLite database, and available online.
I've updated the blog software so that I can restrict comments to posts made within the past N days - which has helped with spam.
My other comment-spam system is the use of the crm114 mail filter. I have a separate database now for comments (distinct from that I use for email), and after a training on previous comments all is good.
Other than being a little busy over the past week life is good. Especially when I got to tell a recruitment agent that I didn't consider London to be within "Edinburgh & Surrounding Region". Muppets.
The biggest downside of the week was "discovering" a security problem in Java, which had been reported in 2003 and is still unfixed. Grr. (CVE-2003-1156 for those playing along at home).
Heres the code:
#!/bin/sh # # Grep for potentially unsafe /tmp usage in shared libraries # find /lib -name '*.so' -type f -print > /tmp/$$ find /usr/lib -name '*.so' -type f -print >> /tmp/$$ for i in $(cat /tmp/$$ ); do out=$(strings $i | grep '/tmp') if [ ! -z "$out" ]; then echo "$i" echo "$out" fi done rm /tmp/$$