The past few weeks have been randomly busy, nothing huge has happened, but several minor diversions.Coding
I made a new release of my console-based mail-client, with integrated Lua scripting, this is available for download over at https://lumail.org/
I've also given a talk (!!) on using a literate/markdown configuration for GNU Emacs. In brief I created two files:
This contains both my configuration of GNU Emacs as well as documentation for the same. Neat.
This parse the previous file, specifically looking for "code blocks" which are then extracted and evaluated.
This system is easy to maintain, and I'm quite happy with it :)
Somebody nice took the time to report a couple of bugs against my simple bytecode-intepretting virtual-machine project - all found via fuzzing.
I've done some fun fuzzing of my own in the past, so this was nice to see. I've now resolved those bugs, and updated the
README.mdfile to include instructions on fuzzing it. (Which I started doing myself, after receiving the first of the reports )
Finally I have more personal news too: I had a pair of CT-scans carried out recently, and apparently here in sunny Finland (that's me being ironic, it was snowing in the first week of May) when you undergo a CT-scan you can pay to obtain your data on CD-ROM.
I'm 100% definitely going to get a copy of my brain-scan data. I'll be able to view a 3d-rendered model of my own brain on my desktop. (Once upon a time I worked for a company that produced software, sold to doctors/surgeons, for creating 3d-rendered volumes from individual slices. I confirmed with the radiologist that handled my tests that they do indeed use the standard DICOM format. Small world.)