- Open Emacs & compose an email to public mailing list.
- Save to temporary file.
- Run spell-checker because you’re paranoid, and also slightly clumsy.
- Paste message into new mutt window.
- Give it a quick re-read to make sure it is legiable and relevent.
- Notice a couple of unclear sentences.
- Edit them on the fly inside the email program.
- Send the message.
- Wait five minutes for the mail to arrive back from the list and cry at all the spelling mistakes due to the editing in step #7
Conclusion? Write the day off, and go to the pub …