If you have a (public) revision controlled ~/bin/, or bash/shell scripts I'd love to see them. Feel free to post links to your repositories as comments.
I'm certain there are some great tools and utilities out there with I could be using. Right now the only external thing I'm using is Martin Krafft's pub script. I don't use it often, but it is very neat and handy when I do want it. (Something that I'd never have considered writing myself, which suggests there are many more gems I'm missing!)
In other news my migration to mercurial is going extremely well. With only minimal downtime. Downtime for services really comes about because I have several websites which are powered entirely with a CVS checkout of remote repositories, so the process looks a little like this:
- Convert CVS repository to hg.
- Archive "live" CVS checkout from the server.
- Move the local CVS checkout somewhere temporary.
- Checkout from the new mercurial repository.
- Fix any broken symlinks.
- Do a recursive diff to make sure there are no unexpected changes.
- Remove the previously archived local CVS checkout