As I'm generally lazy and busy (yes it is possible to be both simultaneously!) I didn't do anything.
But happily earlier in the week I received a bunch of updates from Jean Baptiste which implemented support for managing Windows clients, via Strawberry Perl.
So I guess the conclusion is: Do nothing. Change nothing. Just fix any issues which are reported to me, and leave it as-is. (I did a little more than that, refactoring to avoid duplication and improve "neatness".)
As I said at the time I've had some interesting feedback, suggestions and bugfixes from people over the past year or so - so I shouldn't be surprised to learn I'm not the only person using it.
ObQuote: "Oh, yes, a big cat! My salvation depends upon it! " - Dracula (1992)